The cozy zone.
This throw is an alpaca blend made with seamless edges, eyelash fringe, and a solid, neutral white colour. This is a unique, fairly-traded, artisan-made blanket, and oversized shawl, with a luxe, ultra-soft hand feel.
Features + Benefits
- This luxurious, ultra-soft artisanal throw was made by a family of Indigenous artisans living in the volcanic Andean mountains. This throw connects you with their long textile tradition dating back generations.
- Classy and cozy, for indoor and outdoor use, made to last.
- Non-itchy, breathable, lightweight, hypoallergenic.
- This throw is hand-loomed, machine-woven, and then machine-brushed for added softness.
- To learn more about alpaca, click here.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made in Ecuador by highly-skilled, independent Indigenous artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials, Size + Care
- 20% alpaca & 80% acrylic
- 45” W x 67” L (114cm W x 170cm L)
- Hand wash with mild soap, or machine wash on a cold, delicate cycle.
- Do not ring, scrunch, stretch, or twist.
- Hang to dry or dry clean, do not dry in a dryer machine.
- Groom with a light brush in the direction of the fibre.
- Can iron in the same direction on a low setting.
To learn more about caring for alpaca products, click here.
Q: What are some fun alpaca facts?
For fun facts about alpacas, click here.
Q: Does it hurt the alpaca to get its fleece?
Alpacas are not harmed while their fleece is harvested for Poko products. In fact, alpaca wool is one of the most ethical fibres available. Our partner farmers take great care in gently shearing the wool and releasing the animal back to roam freely. Alpaca fibre does not contain lanolin, which means alpaca does not require strong chemicals to clean it.
Q: What is fair trade?
To learn more about Fair Trade, click here.