For the kiddos.
This is a medium weight, silky smooth, pure bamboo-cotton blended robe for the smalls. This robe has two open, deep front pockets for keeping treasures, a generous hood for warmth and coziness, and a sand-resistant and ultra soft fabric for the modern rugrat.
Features + Benefits
- Generously sized hood and two deep front pockets.
- Turkish cotton has extra long fibers, making it longer lasting and more durable than regular cotton.
- Unisex. A gift the receiver will deeply appreciate. Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture, strong and durable.
- Middle weight. Ideal for at-home dwelling, and both warmer and colder weather seasons.
- Made with 100% natural materials. Soft and gentle on the skin.
- Comes with matching hand towels available here.
- While the science and art of Turkish towels dates back to the 17th century, their quick-dry, high absorbency, and unparalleled weave makes them a modern day essential worldwide.
- Our focus always includes versatility, utility and functionality. Creates a vibe that is elegant, contemporary, stylish, modern, luxe, and coastal.
- Matching adult size robes available here.
- Matching towels available here.
- Matching hand towels available here.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by traditional, highly-skilled, independent Turkish artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 70% bamboo 30% cotton
- Machine wash or hand wash. Wash with like colors. Wash in cold water. Do not wash in hot water as hot water will cause shrinkage. If possible and for best results, wash on delicate machine-wash; however, robe can also be washed on regular washing machine setting.
- Hanging to dry is recommended over machine drying. If you need to machine dry, dry on low heat, but please note there may be some shrinkage after machine-drying.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- No need to iron. Decrease wrinkles naturally using less energy with Pokoloko's Alpaca Dryer Balls.
- Given the artisanal make of our robes, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
- Medium weight: 300 grams, 280 gsm.
- GSM means grams per square meter, it is the metric measurement of the weight of a fabric. The GSM measurement can help you decide the best weight of fabric for your needs and usage.
- The higher the GSM of the fabric, the denser and heavier the fabric will be. A lower GSM does not necessarily mean lower quality, but it will mean the towel is lighter in weight and usually thinner. All Pokoloko Turkish fabrics are carefully pre-sreened and pre-tested for quality, absorption, durability, and style. Our fabrics range from 140gsm (thinner) to 420gsm (thicker).
- This robe is pre-washed, which means the fabric will be soft to the touch, and retain the same hand feel, size, and quality after washing if cared for properly. After the first wash, please allow for some shrinkage; however, if cared for properly in cold water, the shrinkage should be only very minimal and not noticeable.
Size + Fit
- 3/4 = Shoulder to shoulder 11" (28cm) - Sleeve from shoulder 13" (33cm) - Length from tag to bottom hem 25" (63.5cm) - Natural waist 11" (28cm).
- 5/6 = Shoulder to shoulder 12" (30.5cm) - Sleeve from shoulder 16.5" (42cm) - Length from tag to hem 26.5" (67cm) - Natural waist 13" (33cm).
- Comes in two sizes = 3/4 and 5/6.
- While kids vary so significantly in size, shape and development, for the purpose of sizing these socks, a 3/4 fits approximately a 3-4 year old, and a 5/6 fits approximately a 5-6 year old.
Q: Are Pokoloko robes good quality?
Yes, our robes are made by traditional artisans specializing in the the ancient Turkish weaving tradition. The quality, uniqueness, and hand feel are remarkable.
Q: Why do you need a bathrobe?
Bath robes are a wonderful way to treat yourself and self-soothe, and they keep you cozy and warm at home. Ideal for after bath and before getting dressed. You may also wear it as an extra layer over clothes or pyjamas. A good robe can become a key part of a morning and night routines, and can even be used in place of a towel.
Q: How do you determine the length of bathrobe you want?
Depending on how you want to wear your robe, Pokoloko robes come knee length to as long as a the mid-calf or ankle. A longer robe will keep you warmer and more protected from drafts, and a short robe will be more suitable for all-day wear and warmer seasons. The good news is that no matter what length, our robes always feel amazing to wear.
Q: What is a bathrobe?
A bathrobe is the cozy dressing gown, perfect for after the bath when comfort comes before anything else. Pokoloko has beautiful natural robe options suitable and complementary to any style.
Q: Can I wear a bathrobe after a shower?
Absolutely, Turkish cotton provides exceptional absorbancy, and because of its long fibres, they dry quickly and effectively. Turkish cotton also has the wonderful effect of becomming softer with each use.