This is a versatile, unique robe made by master sewers in Bali, using prints crafted with Japanese techniques. This is a lightweight, compact, floaty fabric made to fit all bodies for easy wear and care.
Features + Benefits
- In search of the perfect, day-to-night spring-summer cover-up, we partnered with an advanced Indonesian print-house that specializes in Japanese printing techniques, and a group of master Balinese sewers.
- Ties at natural waist. Generous hidden side pockets. Flared, floaty sleeves. Inner ties keep the kimono secured. Outer belt fitted with belt loops along the sides of the body. Comes with a matching sash for easy tie.
- Versatile styling. Wear open with the sash tied at the back, or wear closed with the sash tied in the front with a cinched waist.
- Perfect for sleepwear and daywear. We wanted to create a robe that could transition seamlessly from lounging to nightlife, encompassing both luxury and utility.
- Useful piece for many occasions including beach, resort, office, spring, summer, fall, day or night events, and lounge.
- Soft fabric allows for gentle draping while maintaining shape and structure.
- Made with rayon chiffon, an increasingly popular material for its luxurious texture and multi-functional use. Rayon chiffon is more absorptive and thinner than cotton, which makes for a lightweight and quick-dry fabric.
- Semi-mesh weave gives the fabric a chic transparency while staying sturdy and multi-use. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture.
- The sister to silk, rayon chiffon offers the advantage of silk's hand feel but without silk's delicate challenges. Rayon chiffon is much easier to manage and care for than silk.
- This rayon chiffon fabric will keep your skin cool in warm weather, and the garment will provide added sun protection.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
- Pokoloko cover-up designs are are inspired by light linen and cotton Japanese kimonos, known as a yukata.
Materials + Care
- 100% rayon chiffon
- Relaxed fit.
- Cold-delicate wash, hang to dry. Do not machine dry.
Q: What is "rayon chiffon"?
Rayon is made by processing wood pulp into the fabric. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture. Rayon chiffon is one of the highest qualities of rayon.
Q: What do you mean by cover-up?
Our cover-up is an article of clothing, made like a robe in a T-shaped pattern with an open front and normally worn over other clothing or a bathing suit. Cover-ups can be worn open or closed.
Q: Are cover-ups only for loungewear?
No way. Cover-ups are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can find. They can be layered with anything in your closet. For casual daytime, wear shorts, a tank top and sandals. Top your favourite dress with a cover-up, add strappy sandals and your favourite jewellery for a breezy beautiful night. Pairs really well with a Bali Bag.