*SEE BELOW FOR APPLICATION FORM
Do you love talking to people, and maintaining positive and professional relationships? Do you thrive independently while working within a team of talented, enthusiastic collaborators? Are you looking for a way to give back positively to the world around you while growing your career? Are you excited by an interesting role combining customer service, administrative and operational tasks?
We’re looking for a personable customer experience professional excited about growing a brand realizing positive values. Working independently within a supportive team environment, you love coordinating written and verbal communication with customers, supporting long term customer development and customer sales growth, and being a part of an operational team in a friendly and fun combination warehouse-office environment. You are a team player, willing and excited to be involved in a physical warehousing environment by way of pulling products from shelves, packing orders, and completing administrative tasks, but you are chiefly responsible for customer communications and ensuring a positive customer experience for all Poko customers. The world of sales inspires you, and you’re happy to support Poko’s Sales Team in achieving our sales targets.
Pokoloko is a home and fashion brand based in Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada. It’s no secret that fast and cheap doesn’t last, and if you look closely at its trail, we can see what and who is really paying for the convenience. So we’ve wandered off the beaten path to bring you goods rich with stories from cultures of the artisan entrepreneurs who’ve made them for your home and lifestyle. We are a mid-size start up including an online shop, a brick-and-mortar shop in Ottawa, and an extensive wholesale network across North America. We’re a talented team of progressive and hardworking friends building a social enterprise that makes a concrete, significant impact on the lives of our local and global communities and environments.
QUICK FACTS & POKO PERKS
- Full time hours.
- Hourly compensation will be competitive based on experience and demonstrated success, with regular pay raises annually dependent on performance.
- Schedule is Monday-Friday 9-5PM with some flexibility.
- Start date: immediate or as soon as possible.
- Two weeks paid vacation automatically increased to three weeks paid vacation after three years with Poko.
- Comprehensive benefits program including: dental care, extended health care, life insurance, vision care.
- Casual dress.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Team discount for pokoloko.com.
- In office/warehouse position, with some flexibility for some at home work, with comfortable and ergonomic office space available 24/7 at our warehouse offices in Hull, Quebec, Canada, located 10 minutes from Parliament, with onsite free parking, free coffee and snacks.
- We are a climate positive workplace, through tree planting and other sustainable initiatives like solar energy projects, we offset the carbon footprint of every employee’s life.
- We provide monthly lunches at our warehouse, and quarterly activities for our team.
- Reporting to Brand Director (Jessie).
- Working as part of the Operations Team, and the greater Poko Team, including the Retail, Sales, and Marketing Teams.
Customer Service & Experience Representative
- Provide all customers with the highest level of customer support with both phone and email, ensuring customer satisfaction, brand championship, and loyalty. Some in person customer service occurs, but this is usually minimal.
- Be the main point person in the communications between the Poko operations and all Poko customers. Maintain Poko’s communications with integrity and professionalism.
- Work with the Poko Team to address and resolve all customers requests, questions, issues, and needs in a timely manner. Provide achievable solutions and the best possible customer service and experience.
- Manage customer backorders, and the resulting communication with customers, including calling and writing to customers about in stock back orders, and determining with the customers how to proceed with their back orders.
Wholesale Sales Rep & Customer Support
- Provide all Poko Sales Reps with product and inventory information and support, including but not limited to what products are in and out of stock, including a weekly stock report.
- Provide product recommendations to customers and sales reps with the constant objective of increasing sales and optimizing for positive customer experience.
- Proactively contact customers to provide updates on the status of orders, backorders, stocking, and inventory.
- Create, update and maintain customer profiles and information within Poko’s systems.
- Complete customer credit checks in a timely manner, archive any changes in the Poko systems, and communicate any changes to the Poko Team.
- Assist customers and reps in accessing and problem solving issues related to Poko’s system and software.
Warehouse & Administrative Support
- Pull, pack, and process orders as needed in the warehouse.
- Receive, unpack, and re-shelve shipments as needed in the warehouse.
- Assist with the cleaning, organization, and maintenance of your working space, and the greater warehouse/office space as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Poko Team as needed.
EXPERIENCE & ASSETS
- Understanding priority over urgency, a go-getter who is resourceful and can effectively manage a full time workload with multiple priorities while remaining calm, positive, and focused.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingualism is an asset though not required.
- 1+ year of administrative experience is an asset though not required.
- Sales experience is an asset though not required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the form below.
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. To apply, we require submission of your resume and cover letter.
Please write “terracotta” in the first sentence of your cover letter so we know you have read the entire posting and have the ability to pay attention to detail.
Applications will be closed by August 31, 2022 at 5PM EST or when we receive a successful application.
Pokoloko is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status. We sincerely appreciate all interest, and we will contact only those candidates who are selected to move to the next round of the hiring process.