Do you love people, travel, and sales? Are you looking for a career working with an ethical company? We’re looking for an inspired, driven sales professional excited to be a part of our growing brand and community.
Pokoloko is a home and lifestyle brand based in Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada. It’s no secret that fast and cheap doesn’t last, and if you look closely at its trail, we can see what and who is really paying for the convenience. So we’ve wandered off the beaten path to bring you goods rich with stories from cultures of the artisan entrepreneurs who’ve made them for your home and lifestyle. We design and curate collections made to last in aesthetic and function, and to restore the interconnectedness of maker, collector and Earth.
We are a mid-size start up with a tri-channel sales platform including an online shop, a brick-and-mortar shop in Ottawa, and an extensive wholesale network across North America. We’re a talented team of progressive and hardworking friends building a social enterprise that makes a concrete, significant impact on the lives of our local and global communities and environments. We have a unique and positive work culture and mission that serves to uplift all members personally and professionally while continuing to achieve ambitious and exciting goals as a company.
Quick Facts & Poko Perks
- Full time, permanent
- Start date: immediate or as soon as possible
- Three weeks paid vacation plus bonus paid days off
- Salaried with commission based bonus, compensation will be competitive based on experience and demonstrated success
- Performance-based bonuses
- Paid travel with budget for food, gas, and phone expenses
- Comprehensive benefits program including: dental care, extended health care, life insurance, vision care
- Schedule is Monday-Friday with flexible hours
- Team discount at pokoloko.com
- Remote work from home office is acceptable as long as targets are being met and/or exceeded, work is efficient and focused, communication is effective and prompt, and responsibilities are being met
- Comfortable office space available 24/7 at our warehouse offices in Hull, Quebec, Canada, located 10 minutes from Parliament, with onsite free parking, free coffee and snacks
- We are a climate positive workplace, through tree planting and other sustainable initiatives like solar energy projects, we offset the carbon footprint of every employee’s life
- We encourage professional development, and provide paid time off and reimbursement of funds dedicated to skill development
- Poko provides monthly lunches at our warehouse, and quarterly activities for our whole team
- Reporting to Poko’s two Co-Founders, Jessie (Brand Director) and Case (Financial Director)
- Working as part of a greater team of 10 full time Pokos
- Management of 500+ small, medium, and large wholesale accounts across Ontario
- Management and growth of wholesale sales in Ontario
- Acquisition of large, key accounts either in or outside of Ontario
- Maintain and expand sales with current accounts, and source new accounts
- Execute prebooking sales programs, secure buying commitments ahead of season
- Regular travel for sales appointments throughout the province, to work in person with as many customers as possible, including weeks-long road trips during key selling times
- Exhibit at events and trade shows on behalf of Poko
- Archive customer relationship details, communications, and contact information in Poko’s CRM
- Bring customer feedback back to Poko team for constant brand experience evolution and product development
Assets & Required Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Drive to succeed and meet sales targets collaboratively set
- Enthusiastic approach to building a business through wholesale sales and relationships
- Driver’s license
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the retail, wholesale, fashion, and/or home decor industries an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience and demonstrated success in sales, retail, wholesale, marketing, communications, business, or a related field
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. To apply, we require submission of your resume and cover letter.
Please write “terracotta” in the first sentence of your cover letter so we know you have read the entire posting and have the ability to pay attention to detail.
Applications will be closed when a successful candidate is chosen.
Pokoloko is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status. We sincerely appreciate all interest, and we will contact only those candidates who are selected to move to the next round of the hiring process.