Hiring For: Seasonal Shop Associate
Do you love talking to people, and maintaining positive and professional relationships? Do you thrive independently while working within a team of talented, enthusiastic collaborators? Are you looking for a way to give back positively to the world around you? Are you excited by an interesting role combining customer service and operational tasks?
We’re looking for a personable seasonal shop associate excited about sharing the story of a brand realizing positive values. You love creating connections with customers, meeting sales goals, and being a part of a team in a friendly and fun combination retail-cafe environment. You are a team player, willing and excited to be involved in a retail shop, ensuring a positive customer experience for all Poko customers. You are equally interested in learning barista skills, in order to offer assistance to the team of baristas that work alongside you in this shared shop space.
Pokoloko is a home and fashion brand based in Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada. It’s no secret that fast and cheap doesn’t last, and if you look closely at its trail, we can see what and who is really paying for the convenience. So we’ve wandered off the beaten path to bring you goods rich with stories from cultures of the artisan entrepreneurs who’ve made them for your home and lifestyle. We are a mid-size startup including an online shop, a brick-and-mortar shop in Ottawa, and a wholesale network across North America. We’re a talented team of progressive and hardworking friends building a social enterprise that makes a concrete, significant impact on the lives of our local and global communities and environments.
QUICK FACTS & POKO PERKS
- Part time, seasonal hours (October - December)
- Hourly compensation will be competitive based on experience and demonstrated success
- Schedule will include weekend and weekday shifts
- Start date: October 10, 2022
- Casual dress
- Team discount for pokoloko.com
- Parking space
- We are a climate positive workplace, through tree planting and other sustainable initiatives like solar energy projects, we offset the carbon footprint of every employee’s life
- Quarterly team activities
- Reporting to Shop Lead, working as part of the Retail Team
- Provide all customers with the highest level of customer support on the phone and in person, ensuring customer satisfaction, brand championship, and loyalty.
- Greeting customers, answering customer questions, assisting customers in making purchases.
- Be the sole Poko sales associate on the floor, usually working alongside one staff member from CloudForest Cafe.
- Work in collaboration with CloudForest employees to ensure customers are able to shop in a timely manner. This may include assisting in Cloudforest transactions or beverage preparation.
- Complete other shop tasks including cleaning, pricing product, organizing backstock, restocking, and reporting daily sales.
- Communicate shop needs with the Shop Lead and the Warehouse team through Slack (a smartphone messaging app).
EXPERIENCE & ASSETS
- Ability to solve problems independently, with remote support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 1+ year of customer service is an asset though not required.
- Sales experience is an asset though not required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the form below, inclusive of your resume and cover letter. Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please write “terracotta” in the first sentence of your cover letter so we know you have read the entire posting and have the ability to pay attention to detail.
Applications will be closed when we receive a successful application.
Pokoloko is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status. We sincerely appreciate all interest, and we will contact only those candidates who are selected to move to the next round of the hiring process.