Doggo of wool.
This furry pup is for alpaca and dog lovers alike. Made from 100% ethically-harvested, silky-smooth baby alpaca fur by independent Peruvian artisans.
Features + Benefits
- This is real and ethical fur. No animal cruelty was involved in the harvesting of this fur. Furs and skins are harvested with natural recycling - they are harvested after an alpaca's natural death. It is illegal to kill alpacas in Peru with the penalty of jail. No animals are harmed for any Poko products.
- The softest, most luxe companion you'll ever have.
- Hand-stitched plastic bead eyes. Hand-stitched threaded mouth and nose.
- Non-itchy, hypoallergenic, silky-smooth, and handmade stuffed friend for kids and adults. Resistant to piling and matting. Water and stain resistant.
- These are one-of-a-kind animals are made with all-natural alpaca fleece, they are made with no synthetic dyes or synthetic fur.
- Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture. Soft and gentle on the skin. Alpaca is hypoallergenic.
- Therapy animal, brings calm and joy into a space and into your everyday. Alpacas are used as therapy animals in professional practice. The huggable alpaca's peaceful disposition make them a favorite for animal-based therapies.
- Made to last. Alpaca is exceptionally durable. Will last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Excellent gift for friends, parents, young and old, on any occasion.
- Fairly-traded and ethically-sourced. from traditional, highly-skilled, and independent Peruvian artisans.
- Amazing and unique home decor piece.
- Made from baby alpaca, one of the finest kinds of alpaca. Baby alpaca refers to the very first shear of any alpaca, when the hair has never been shorn before. Learn more about alpaca here.
- Alpaca is one of the Earth's most sustainable fibres. Alpacas have soft, padded feet, not hooves, which minimize soil erosion. They consume relatively less water than other animals, and have efficient digestion, low level feeds, and they only nibble on top of pasture grass without uprooting it. No harsh chemicals are necessary to process alpaca.
- Alpacas are like sheep, their fleece is sheared in cycles according to the seasons.
- Status symbol. In Incan history, alpaca was considered the “fibre of the gods,” and reserved for royalty. Domesticated more than 6000 years ago, the alpaca represents a unique South American textile tradition.
- These animals have not been tested for children's safety and they are not recommended for children under 3 years old.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Hand-made by highly-skilled independent Peruvian artisans with whom we work directly.
- To learn more about the deeply-rooted Peruvian textile traditions and art, click here.
Materials + Care
- 100% ethical baby alpaca fur.
- Alpaca is a natural, technical wool unique in softness, thermal properties, durability, and sustainability. Learn more about alpaca here.
- Wipe with damp cloth & air dry.
- May brush gently to fluff up.
- These animals are very high quality crafts, their fur is resistant to water and stains.
- Do you love animals and want to see more? Check out our entire animal collection here!
Size + Fit
- H: 6" - 7" x L: 4.25" - 5" x W: 2.5" - 3"
- Given the artisanal make of our animals, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, and shape with each unique creature.
Q: Does it hurt the alpaca to get its fleece?
Alpaca’s are not harmed while harvesting wool, in fact Alpaca wool is one of the most ethical fibers available. Farmers take great care in gently shearing the wool and releasing the animal back to roam freely. Alpaca fiber does not contain lanolin, meaning it does not require strong chemicals to clean it.
Q: What shades do the Pokoloko alpacas come in?
Pokoloko offers stuffed animals in two colours, white and beige. White animals will have some variations of cream. Beige animals will have have a variety of shades including fawn, cream and brown. No two animals will be the same. In human life, alpacas come in 22 recognized natural colors, and over 300 shades!
Q: How are the stuffed animals measured?
Height is calculated from the bottom of the feet to the top of the ears. Length is calculated from the tip of the nose to the tail. Width is measured across the animal, from shoulder to shoulder.
Q: What happens if I get the alpaca stuffed animal wet?
Wipe away excess water, allow to air dry, gently brush to fluff.
- There are so many more fun alpaca facts! Check them out here.