Did you know more than half a billion plastic straws are used every day worldwide? Eliminate single use plastic straws with multi-use bamboo. Resusable, sustainable, compostable, fair trade.
Features + Benefits
- The bamboo straw is a useful tool that solves our world's plastic straw problem.
- Bamboo is non-conductive. Bamboo straws can be used for hot and cold beverages.
- Drinker-protector. 100% chemical free. Eliminates exposure to leaching toxins from plastic straws.
- Biodegradable: can be desposed of by composting. No landfill.
- Thick enough to be used for all styles of drinks, from cocktails to smoothies to hot chocolate.
- Each straw has a unique saying naturally-pressed into the straw (pressed with a hand press, without the use of chemicals). And each pack of 6 has a unique combination of straws. Sayings include: no fear, bamboo is here; pokoloko planet protector; pollution sucks; waste not, drink more; thirsty for change; plastic draws the short straw; sustainable hydration station; sustainable slurp; bamboozle the polluters; sustainability is tubular; you’re ex-straw-dinary; the last straw; it was the thirst of times; the less pollution solution; feel the straw power; graceful not wasteful; biodegradable revolution; i think before i drink; plastic is drastic; you're strawsome.
- Elevates your drink with a beachy vibe. For some amazing drink recipes, click here.
- A truly sustainable material. Bamboo grows abundantly at record-breaking speed. It produces more oxygen than hardwood trees. It fights soil erosion with its extensive root system which feeds back positively to the environment from which it grows. Learn more about the amazing properties of bamboo here.
- Do you love bamboo as much as we do? For other bamboo goods, click here.
- Are you looking to include more sustainable products in your lifestyle? Check out our best-selling Alpaca Dryer Balls here.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
- To learn more about their Earth-friendly artisanal traditions, click here.
Materials + Care
- 100% untreated bamboo
- Three cleaning options for easy care: 1. Hand wash with cleaning brush (brush included with each pack); 2. Dishwasher; 3. Boil in water.
- Each straw will last for 2-3 months if cared for properly, and depending on frequency of usage. For example, if used several times per day each day, the straw will have a shorter lifespan. If used several times per week, it will have a longer lifespan. On average, a straw should last 2-3 months.
Size + Fit
- Each straw is 8” (20cm) in length, and comes with a unique, customized saying.
- Each package of 6 straws comes with a 20cm long cleaning brush.
- Given the artisanal make of our straws, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, and length with each unique piece.
Q: Why should I use bamboo straws?
More than half a billion plastic straws are used every day worldwide. The bamboo straw is a useful tool that solves our plastic straw problem.
Q: How is bamboo sustainable?
Bamboo grows abundantly at record-breaking speed and produces more oxygen than hardwood trees. Bamboo also fights soil erosion with its extensive root system, which feeds back positively to the earth and the drinker, as bamboo straws eliminate exposure to leaching toxins from plastic ones.