"What if the waves get bigger, to make you stronger?" -Unknown
This is a middle-weight bamboo-cotton blended, stonewashed wave weave with an unbelievably soft hand feel. It is a silky smooth, eyelash-fringed, and truly unique towel made in a deep, unisex charcoal grey.
Features + Benefits
- While the science and art of Turkish towels dates back to the 17th century, their quick-dry, high absorbency, and unparalleled weave makes them a modern day essential worldwide.
- Our focus always includes versatility, utility and functionality. Originally used in Turkish baths (hammams), each of our towel designs has countless uses. Uses include but are not limited to the following: towel for bath, beach, pool, resort, cottage, boat, yoga, gym, travel, spa, and massage.
- Matching hand towel size (ideal for kitchen, bathroom, gym, table top, yoga) available here.
- Matching robe (ideal for home, cottage, beach, lounge, indoor and outdoor) available here.
- Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture, strong and durable.
- Creates a vibe that is elegant, contemporary, stylish, modern, luxe, coastal. These towels work well in any setting, on their own, and with other towel types and towel styles. Our towels have versatility in aesthetic and design.
- Quick-drying, highly-absorptive, durable. Useful in all seasons. Made to last.
- Easy gift as these towels look great with all decors.
- Towels will get softer and more absorbent with use and proper care.
- Made with 100% natural materials. Soft and gentle on the skin.
- Ethically-sourced from traditional Turkish artisans.
- Turkish cotton has extra long fibers, making it longer lasting and more durable than regular cotton.
- Also known as "fouta" (the word for towels from Tunisia) or "pestemal" (the word for towel in Turkish).
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Turkish artisans, with whom we work directly.
- To learn more about their deeply-rooted traditions and exceptional designs, click here.
Materials + Care
- 65% Turkish cotton, 35% bamboo
- Machine wash or hand wash. Wash with like colors. Wash in cold water. Do not wash in hot water as hot water will cause shrinkage.
- If possible and for best results, wash on delicate machine-wash; however, towel can also be washed on regular washing machine setting.
- Hanging to dry is recommended over machine drying. If you need to machine dry, dry on low heat, but please note there may be some minor shrinkage after machine-drying.
- This towel is pre-washed, which means the fabric will be soft to the touch, and retain the same hand feel, size, and quality after washing if cared for properly. After the first wash, please allow for some shrinkage for some styles of towels, however if cared for properly in cold water, the shrinkage should be only very minimal within a couple of inches on the length, and almost no shrinkage in the width.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- No need to iron. Decrease wrinkles naturally using less energy with Pokoloko's Alpaca Dryer Balls.
Size + Fit
- 62”L x 31”W with 1.75” eyelash fringe (157cm L x 79cm W with 4.5cm eyelash fringe)
- Given the artisanal make of our towels, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, and weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
- Middle weight: 500 grams, 320 gsm. Learn more about gsm here.
- There's so much to discover about the world of Pokoloko towels. For FAQs about Turkish towels click here.