"There is no pillow as soft as a clear conscience." - John Wooden
A thick & natural hand feel, made on wooden, pedal-powered looms in remote villages outside of Marrakesh - these custom designed pillows bring the earth element into your space. These timeless textiles are made by highly-skilled weavers using pure Turkish cotton yarns - truly an artisanal little luxury. Designed to mix and match with our entire Moroccan blanket & pillow collection.
Features + Benefits
- This Moroccan pillow series is a collaboration between our endlessly creative sales representative Judith Brock, and our co-owner Jessie Lyon. Weeks of back and forth about colour choices and line directions led to the creation of these mix and match pillows. This collection is an exploration of the world of ancient Moroccan craft and modern design.
- The Pokoloko Moroccan pillow collection is made to mix and match. These pillows are a simple and easy way to update or reinvigorate any space.
- Covered zipper closure at the back of each pillow.
- Each pillow comes with a 12" x 20" poly pillow fill. If shipping without fill is preferred, please send us a note and we will ship without fill. If synthetic down pillow fill is preferred, we can provide one as our current synthetic down pillow fill stock allows.
- Double-sided. Each design is on both sides of the pillow.
- Generously sized 100% cotton pom-poms bring the Moroccan souq vibes to your space.
- Pair with any of the variety of matching Moroccan blankets and throws.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Moroccan artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials, Size + Care
- 100% Turkish cotton
- Hand wash or dry clean only.
- Do not machine wash or dry.
- 12"W x 20"L w/ 12" x 20" fill
- Given the artisanal make of our Moroccan collection, please allow for slight natural variations in colour, size, and weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
Q: How is a Pokoloko Moroccan Pillow made?
Our Moroccan collection is made by Moroccan artisans trained in the highly-skilled art form of pedal-powered wooden loom weaving. This is an ancient art practice in Morocco that still exists today. These artisans use pure cotton yarns. We collaborate with these artisans to create modern designs fused with their artisanal traditions.
Q: What is a pedal-powered loom?
A pedal-powered loom is a loom that is powered by an artisan's two feet moving wooden pedals that control a weaving loom located above the pedals. As the artisan moves their feet, the loom above moves and knits pure cotton yarns into a soft, thick, and beautiful textile.
Q: How can I style the Pokoloko Moroccan collection?
Due to its neutral colour palette, you could style this collection in a variety of bedroom and living room settings. The mix and match pillows enhance a bedroom and couch. The blankets can be a bed cover and sofa throw.