“An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.” - David Attenborough
A thick & natural hand feel, made on wooden, pedal-powered looms in remote villages outside of Marrakesh - these custom designed throws bring the earth element into your space. These timeless textiles have comforting weight and are heirloom-quality blankets - each with several matching cushion options. Truly an artisanal little luxury.
Features + Benefits
- Heavy, high-quality weight that provides warmth in cool weather but will not overheat in warm weather.
- Modern design fused with artisanal tradition.
- Versatile style. Can complement minimalist, contemporary, romantic, boho styling and more.
- Contrasting, generously sized 100% cotton, handmade pom poms.
- Multi-functional. Ideal as a bedspread or throw, keep at home or cottage, drape across the couch or at the foot of your bed. The throw size could be used as a floor covering.
- Mix and match with our collection of Moroccan pillows.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Moroccan artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials, Size + Care
- 100% Turkish cotton
- 48" W x 80" L (122cm W x 203cm L)
- Given the artisanal make of our Moroccan collection, please allow for slight natural variations in colour, size, weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
- Hand wash or dry clean only.
- Do not machine wash or dry.
Q: How is a Pokoloko Moroccan Throw made?
Our Moroccan collection is made by Moroccan artisans trained in the highly-skilled art form of pedal-powered wooden loom weaving. This is an ancient art practice in Morocco that still exists today. These artisans use pure cotton yarns. We collaborate with these artisans to create modern designs fused with their artisanal traditions.
Q: What is a pedal-powered loom?
A pedal-powered loom is a loom that is powered by an artisan's two feet moving wooden pedals that control a weaving loom located above the pedals. As the artisan moves their feet, the loom above moves and knits pure cotton yarns into a soft, thick, and beautiful textile.
Q: How can I style the Pokoloko Moroccan collection?
Due to its neutral colour palette, you could style this collection in a variety of bedroom and living room settings. The mix and match pillows enhance a bedroom and couch. The blankets can be a bed cover and sofa throw.