Little black duster.
This is an easy wear closet essential made for effortless, simple style. Cultivating a feeling of freedom, beauty, confidence and movement, and encourages yourself to be you in every way.
Features + Benefits
- Useful piece for many occasions including beach, resort, office, spring, summer, fall, day or night events, and lounge. Your go-to cover up. An easy addition to many outfits.
- Compact and versatile - great for travel.
- Easy care, easy wear. Feels really good on the body.
- Gently flares away from body providing a flowing boho look.
- Open front design suitable for many bodies. Can be worn relaxed and open, or cinched at the waist with a belt.
- Soft fabric allows for gentle draping, while maintaining shape and structure.
- Breathable fabric with longer sleeves. Provides sun protection while keeping you cool.
- More absorptive and thinner than cotton. This makes for a perfect, lightweight, and quick dry cover up.
- Great for layering. Wear in cooler weather over a soft sweater.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indian artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% rayon
- Cold delicate machine wash & hang to dry.
Size + Fit
- Available in S/M and L/XL.
- These are the measurements for the S/M size: Shoulder-shoulder: 16” (41cm). Arm length measured from shoulder: 20” (51cm). Length from back of neck down the back to the bottom of the kimono: 49” (125cm). Waist, side seam to side seam: 22” (56cm).
- These are the measurements for the L/XL size: Shoulder-shoulder: 16” (41cm). Arm length measured from shoulder: 20” (51cm). Length from back of neck down the back to the bottom of the kimono: 50” (127cm). Waist, side seam to side seam: 24” (61cm).
- Blonde model is 5’4” & 125 lbs. Brunette model is 5’2” & 120 lbs.
- Relaxed fit. The oversized, generous shape of this kimono feels stylish and comfortable on a variety of bodies.
Q: What is worn with a kimono?
The modern Pokoloko kimono can be worn in so many ways: from the office to the beach, day to night, lounging at home or dancing the night way. The options are endless and all up to you.
Q: What is a kimono?
A kimono is an article of clothing, typically made in a T shaped pattern with an open front. Kimonos can be worn open or closed.
Q: Is rayon a synthetic fibre?
Rayon is not synthetic - it is a natural man-made fibre. Rayon is made using wood-pulp, which is a naturally-occuring raw material.
Q: What is the history of the kimono?
Kimono is the original Japanese word for clothing. The word “kimono” is often used to refer to a traditional Japanese robe. The westernized version of the kimono pays homage to this style of traditional Japanese robe, with its open front, classic lines and gentle draping.
Q: How do I style a kimono?
Versatile and timeless, the kimono is an essential closet staple that can be styled in so many ways. Wear with jeans, blouse and flats to the office. Wear with a white tank, cropped jeans, sneakers, delicate silver jewelry, and a wide brimmed hat. Wear with a patterned dress, strappy heels and a Bali Bag.