"In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic." -Iman
This is a light to middle weight, pure Turkish cotton weave with hand-spun twisted tassels, and a striped detail. This is an authentic and luxurious kitchen or hand towel that will elevate your space and everyday.
Features + Benefits
- While the science and art of Turkish towels dates back to the 17th century, their quick-dry, high absorbency, and unparalleled weave makes them a modern day essential worldwide.
- Our focus always includes versatility, utility and functionality. Originally used in Turkish baths (hammams), each of our hand towel designs has countless uses. Uses include but are not limited to the following: towel for kitchen, tea, bath, beach, pool, resort, cottage, boat, yoga, gym, spin, travel, spa, massage, camping, hiking, festivals; table runner; tapestry. Use as a hair towel when coming out of the shower, and bread wrap.
- Naturally antibacterial. No more musty smell. Will dry 30% faster than regular hand towels.
- Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture, strong and durable. Quick-drying, highly-absorptive, durable. Useful in all seasons. Made to last. Made with 100% natural materials. Soft and gentle on the skin. Turkish cotton has extra long fibers, making it longer lasting and more durable than regular cotton.
- Easy gift as it looks great with all decors. Gift to a friend, host, new parent, traveller, adventurer, homebody, for birthday, etc. Fun gift wrapping tip! --> Use a hand towel as wrapping paper to add an extra layer to your gift.
- Creates a vibe that is elegant, contemporary, stylish, modern, luxe, coastal. These towels work well in any setting, on their own, and with other towel types and towel styles. Our towels have versatility in aesthetic and design.
- Travel and storage friendly. Compact and lightweight. Roll up to fit easily in a closet, suitcase, gym bag, backpack, tote, etc.
- Easily used both indoors and outdoors. Repels sand and grass. Perfect portable picnic accessory.
- Also known as "peshkir" (the word for hand towel in Turkish).
- Hand-made twisted tassel fringe. Each tassel spun one by one.
- This towel is hand-loomed, which means the towel is made on wooden looms pedal-powered by the weaver. Each day a weaver makes approximately 13 to 17 pieces.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Turkish artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% Turkish cotton
- Before using your towel, we suggest to soak your towel over night in cold water and then hang it to dry. This encourages the fibres of the towel fabric to bloom which initiates their natural softening process and conditions the cotton fabric to be more adsorptive.
- Machine wash on delicate, or hand wash. Wash with like colors. Wash in cold water. Do not wash in hot water as hot water will cause shrinkage. This towel is pre-washed, which means the fabric will be soft to the touch, and retain the same hand feel, size, and quality after washing if cared for properly. After the first wash, please allow for minor shrinkage; however, if cared for properly in cold water, the shrinkage should be only very minimal.
- Hanging to dry is recommended over machine drying. If you need to machine dry, dry on low heat, but please note there may be some shrinkage after machine-drying.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- No need to iron. Decrease wrinkles naturally using less energy with Pokoloko's Alpaca Dryer Balls.
Size + Fit
- 18.5" W x 28.75" L with 3" twisted tassel fringe (47cm W x 73cm L with 7.6 cm fringe)
- Given the artisanal make of our towels, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
- Light to middle weight: 300 grams, 250 gsm.
- GSM means grams per square meter, it is the metric measurement of the weight of a fabric. The GSM measurement can help you decide the best weight of fabric for your needs and usage.
- The higher the GSM of the fabric, the denser and heavier the fabric will be. A lower GSM does not necessarily mean lower quality, but it will mean the towel is lighter in weight and usually thinner. All Pokoloko towels are carefully pre-sreened and pre-tested for quality, absorptiveness, durability, and style. Our towels range from 140gsm (thinner) to 420gsm (thicker).
Q: What is a tea towel?
Tea towel another name for for a hand towel or kitchen towel. The functions remain the same: drying hands and dishes, proofing bread or keeping it warm out of the oven, pack in a picnic basket, or wrap around your favourite tea pot to keep it warm all afternoon.
Q: What is the difference between a hand towel and a kitchen towel?
There is no real difference! These are names we use to identify and describe our textiles, but a hand and kitchen towel can be used in the same way! Usually when we name something a kitchen towel, it means that the style and weave of that towel would be particular suitable for a kitchen space
Q: Why are Turkish Towels better?
Turkish towels are world renowned for their softness, absorbency, and quick drying properties making them the perfect kitchen and bath accessory.
Q: What is Furoshiki?
Furoshiki is the traditional Japanese cloth wrapping, typically used to wrap gifts or transport goods. Use your Turkish Hand Towel as the perfect environmentally-friendly wrapping for your next gift!