I'll take you everywhere.
This is a relaxed, open kimono that can transition from beach to office to night to home. This is a lightweight, compact, floaty fabric made to fit all bodies for easy wear and care.
Features + Benefits
- In search of the perfect, day-to-night spring-summer cover-up, we partnered with an advanced Indonesian print-house who specializes in Japanese printing techniques, and a group of master Balinese sewers. Together, we chose rayon chiffon as our fabric, which is an increasingly popular material for its luxurious texture and multi-functional use. We combined this carefully selected fabric with traditional batik-inspired prints and a spectrum of color pops.
- Useful piece for many occasions including beach, resort, office, spring, summer, fall, day or night events, and lounge.
- Raised front, elongated back. Loose, slightly asymmetrical, relaxed fit.
- Compact and versatile - great for travel.
- Easy care, easy wear. Feels really good on the body.
- Soft fabric allows for gentle draping, while maintaining shape and structure.
- Great for layering. Wear in cooler weather over a soft sweater.
- Made with rayon chiffon, an increasingly popular material for its luxurious texture and multi-functional use. Rayon chiffon is more absorptive and thinner than cotton, which makes for a lightweight and quick dry fabric.
- Semi-mesh weave gives the fabric a chic transparency, while staying sturdy and multi-use. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture.
- The sister to silk, rayon chiffon offers the advantage of silk's hand feel but without silk's delicate challenges. Rayon chiffon is much easier to manage and care for than silk.
- This rayon chiffon fabric will keep your skin cool in warm weather, and the garment will provide added sun protection.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% rayon chiffon
- Cold-delicate wash, hang to dry. Do not machine dry.
Size + Fit
- One size fits most bodies.
- Shoulder-shoulder: 28” (72cm). Arm length from shoulder: 13” (34cm). Length from back of neck down the back to the bottom of the vest: 35” (90cm).
- Model is 5’6” & 125 lbs.
- Relaxed fit. The oversized, generous shape of this kimono feels comfortable on a variety of bodies.
Q: What is "rayon chiffon"?
Rayon is made by processing wood-pulp into fabric. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture. Rayon chiffon is one of the highest qualities of rayon.
Q: What is a kimono?
A kimono is an article of clothing, typically made like a robe in a T shaped pattern with an open front. Kimonos can be worn open or closed.
Q: Are kimonos only for loungewear?
No way. Kimonos are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can find. They can be layered with anything in your closet. For casual daytime, wear shorts, tank top and sandals. Top your favourite dress with a kimono, add strappy sandals and your favourite jewerly for a breezy beautful night. Pairs really well with a Bali Bag.