Sleeveless in Bali.
This is a versatile, unique vest made by master sewers in Bali using batik-style prints made with Japanese techniques. This is a lightweight, breathable, floaty fabric designed to fit all bodies with easy wear and care.
Features + Benefits
- In search of the perfect, day-to-night spring-summer cover-up, we partnered with an advanced Indonesian print-house that specializes in Japanese printing techniques, and a group of master Balinese sewers.
- Useful piece for many occasions including beach, resort, office, spring, summer, fall, day or night events, and lounge.
- Double front pockets strong and big enough for hand resting and essentials.
- Soft fabric allows for gentle draping while maintaining shape and structure.
- Wide arm openings to fit most bodies with added ventilation.
- Longline, with gentle side slits giving the vest movement and comfort.
- Easy cover-up for long sleeves, short sleeves, and no sleeves underneath.
- Made with rayon chiffon, an increasingly popular material for its luxurious texture and multi-functional use. Rayon chiffon is more absorptive and thinner than cotton, which makes for a lightweight and quick-dry fabric.
- Semi-mesh weave gives the fabric a chic transparency while staying sturdy and multi-use. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture.
- The sister to silk, rayon chiffon offers the advantage of silk's hand feel but without silk's delicate challenges. Rayon chiffon is much easier to manage and care for than silk.
- This rayon chiffon fabric will keep your skin cool in warm weather, and the garment will provide added sun protection.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
- Pokoloko cover-up designs are are inspired by light linen and cotton Japanese kimonos, known as a yukata.
Materials + Care
- 100% rayon chiffon
- One size fits most bodies.
- Shoulder-shoulder: 16” (41cm). Length from back of the neck down the back to the bottom of the vest: 39.5” (100cm).
- Relaxed fit. The oversized, generous shape of this vest feels comfortable on a variety of bodies.
- Cold-delicate wash, hang to dry. Do not machine dry.
Q: What is "rayon chiffon"?
Rayon is made by processing wood pulp into the fabric. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture. Rayon chiffon is one of the highest qualities of rayon.
Q: What do you mean by cover-up?
Our cover-up is an article of clothing, made like a robe in a T-shaped pattern with an open front and normally worn over other clothing or a bathing suit. Cover-ups can be worn open or closed.
Q: Are cover-ups only for loungewear?
No way. Pokoloko cover-ups are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can find. They can be layered with anything in your closet. For casual daytime, wear shorts, a tank top and sandals. Top your favourite dress with a cover-up, add strappy sandals and your favourite jewellery for a breezy beautiful night. Pairs really well with a Bali Bag.