Sleeveless in Bali.
This is a versatile, unique vest made by master sewers in Bali using batik-style prints made with Japanese techniques. This is a lightweight, breathable, floaty fabric designed to fit all bodies with easy wear and care.
Features + Benefits
- In search of the perfect, day-to-night spring-summer cover-up, we partnered with an advanced Indonesian print-house who specializes in Japanese printing techniques, and a group of master Balinese sewers.
- Useful piece for many occasions including beach, resort, office, spring, summer, fall, day or night events, and lounge.
- Double front pockets strong and big enough for hand resting and essentials.
- Soft fabric allows for gentle draping, while maintaining shape and structure.
- Wide arm openings to fit most bodies with added ventilation.
- Long line, with gentle side slits giving the vest movement and comfort.
- Easy cover up for long sleeves, short sleeves, and no sleeves underneath.
- Made with rayon chiffon, an increasingly popular material for its luxurious texture and multi-functional use. Rayon chiffon is more absorptive and thinner than cotton, which makes for a lightweight and quick dry fabric.
- Semi-mesh weave gives the fabric a chic transparency, while staying sturdy and multi-use. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture.
- The sister to silk, rayon chiffon offers the advantage of silk's hand feel but without silk's delicate challenges. Rayon chiffon is much easier to manage and care for than silk.
- This rayon chiffon fabric will keep your skin cool in warm weather, and the garment will provide added sun protection.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% rayon chiffon
- One size fits most bodies.
- Shoulder-shoulder: 16” (41cm). Length from back of neck down the back to the bottom of the vest: 39.5” (100cm).
- Relaxed fit. The oversized, generous shape of this vest feels comfortable on a variety of bodies.
- Cold-delicate wash, hang to dry. Do not machine dry.
Q: What is "rayon chiffon"?
Rayon is made by processing wood-pulp into fabric. The word chiffon refers to this fabric's weave, which is a fine mesh, making for a silky, floaty texture. Rayon chiffon is one of the highest qualities of rayon.
Q: What is a kimono?
A kimono is an article of clothing, typically made like a robe in a T shaped pattern with an open front. Kimonos can be worn open or closed.
Q: Are kimonos only for loungewear?
No way. Kimonos are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can find. They can be layered with anything in your closet. For casual daytime, wear shorts, tank top and sandals. Top your favourite dress with a kimono, add strappy sandals and your favourite jewellery for a breezy beautiful night. Pairs really well with a Bali Bag.