The future is anti-plastic.
These mesh, multifunctional pure cotton eco bags eliminate the need for single-use plastics at the grocery store, gym, at home, and abroad. They are machine-washable and 100% GOTS-certified organic, and they have a beautiful, natural look that will suit any home and style.
Features + Benefits
- Zero waste, multi-use, anti-plastic.
- Sold in 4 different sizes to accommodate multiple uses including plastic-free storage, produce, and shopping. Also sold in a variety pack containing 1 of each of the 4 sizes.
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton. These bags are made with one of the world's highest organic standards for cotton.
- Durable, reusable, washable, compact, easy-care.
- High-quality craftmanship, these bags will last!
- Draw string closure to ensure what's inside the bag stays secure.
- Earth-friendly, chemical free, and fairly-traded.
- Each bag comes rolled, and wrapped in a recycled paper band. The variety pack comes with 4 bags rolled and wrapped together as 1 roll.
- Ethically-sourced from Indian artisans.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indian artisans, with whom we work directly.
- To learn more about their Earth-friendly artisanal traditions, click here.
Materials + Care
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton
- Cold water wash & hang to dry. Hand washing is always recommended for the best quality of care, though it is possible to machine wash the Mesh Bags also. Do not machine dry as that will cause shrinkage.
Size + Fit
- These are the dimensions for the 8x10 bag: 8” x 10" (20cm x 26cm). Tare weight 0.93 oz / 26.47 gms / 0.05 lbs.
- These are the dimensions for the 10x12 bag: 10" x 12" (26cm x 31cm). Tare weight 1.19 oz / 33.85 gms / 0.07 lbs.
- These are the dimensions for the 12x15 bag: 12" x 15" (31cm x 38cm). Tare weight 1.64 oz / 46.5 gms / 0.1 lbs.
- These are the dimensions for the 14x18 bag: 14" x 18" (35.5cm x 46cm). Tare weight 2.23 oz / 63.37 gms / 0.13 lbs.
- Variety pack of 4 bags contains 1 of each of the 4 sizes: 8x10, 10x12, 12x15, and 14x18.
- Given the artisanal make of our bags, please allow for slight natural variations in size with each unique piece; however any differences should not be noticeable and should not interrupt the function and value of the bag.
Q: What are Eco Bags useful for?
Pokoloko Mesh Eco Bags are certified organic reusable shopping bags. They replace wasteful plastic produce bags with Earth-conscious 100% organic cotton bags. With drawstring closures, your produce will stay secure. Great for farmer’s markets and grocery stores, as well as countless other uses including travel, storage, gym, yoga, beach, etc.
Q: How do I clean Eco Bags?
Organic Mesh Eco Bags are easy to clean. Wash in cold water and simply hang to dry.
Q: Can I use Mesh Eco Bags for more than just groceries?
The Mesh Eco Bag is more than just a grocery bag, it is truly versatile and multifunctional. At the beach, use them to hold keys, sunglasses, swimsuits (wet or dry), and snacks. The Mesh Eco Bags will resist sand and prevent you taking the beach home. When traveling, the Mesh Eco Bags are perfect partners for keeping your suitcase tidy and organized. Use the larger 14x18" size of bag as a lunch bag, yoga or gym bag, and shoe bag. You could even hang these bags on a hook in your kitchen or home for easy-use storage that has a beautiful, natural look.
Q: What does "tare weight" mean?
Tare weight describes the weight of the bag when empty. Knowing the tare weight is important when using the Mesh Eco Bags to buy bulk products, so you do not get charged for the weight of the bag. If you do not know the tare weight of the bag, you may determine the tare weight at the grocery store by weighing the bag itself before weighing the bag with the produce in it.
Q: What does "GOTS-certified organic cotton" mean?
Being GOTS certified means the cotton in Pokoloko's Eco Bags meets the toughest organic textile standard. To meet the GOTS standard, your material needs to have a minimum of 95% organic fibre. In addition, the material must not have been treated with bleach, formaldehyde or any other toxic substances, and if colored, must have been colored using non-toxic dyes. Another GOTS requirement is that the material is produced in an environment that enforces strict social and environmental standards that treat employees and the planet with deep respect.