"Grey is the queen of colors, because she makes everyone else look good." - Helen Van Wyk
Highly-skilled weavers use pure cotton yarns and wooden, pedal-powered looms to make these thick, heavy, heirloom-quality blankets and throws, each with several matching cushion options. The texture is soft, pure, and luxe.
Features + Benefits
- Heavy, high-quality weight that provides warmth in cool weather but will not overheat in warm weather.
- Modern design fused with artisanal tradition.
- Versatile style. Can complement a Scandinavian cottage or a beachy bohemian vibe.
- Contrasting, generously sized 100% cotton, handmade pom poms bring the souk home.
- Multi-functional. Ideal as a bedspread or throw, keep at home or cottage, drape across the couch. The throw size could be used as a floor covering.
- Mix and match with our collection of Moroccan pillows.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Moroccan artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% cotton
- Hand wash or dry clean only.
- Do not machine wash or dry.
Size + Fit
- Queen size = 80" W x 98" L (203cm W x 249cm L)
- Throw size = 48" W x 80" L (122cm W x 203cm L)
- Given the artisanal make of our Moroccan collection, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, and weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
Q: How is a Pokoloko Moroccan Throw made?
Our Moroccan collection is made by Moroccan artisans trained in the highly-skilled art form of pedal-powered wooden loom weaving. This is an ancient art practice in Morocco that still exists today. These artisans use pure cotton yarns. We collaborate with these artisans to create modern designs fused with their artisanal traditions.
Q: What is a pedal-powered loom?
A pedal-powered loom is a loom that is powered by an artisan's two feet moving wooden pedals that control a weaving loom located above the pedals. As the artisan moves their feet, the loom above moves and knits pure cotton yarns into a soft, thick and beautiful textile.
Q: How can I style the Pokoloko Moroccan collection?
Due to its neutral color palette, you could style this collection in a variety of bedroom and living room settings. The mix and match pillows enhance a bedroom and couch. The blankets can be a bed cover and sofa throw.