Alpaca your bags.
Featuring a custom Poko alpaca step-and-repeat print, this pure cotton tote is the perfect anti-plastic multi-functional bag. The material is thick, durable, and 100% GOTS-certified organic. This is a high-quality tote that will last.
Features + Benefits
- Zero-waste, multi-use, anti-plastic.
- The Tote is compact and travel-friendly. It folds up and tucks away neatly without taking up too much space. At the same time, the Tote can fit lots of whatever you're carrying in it: groceries, clothes, shoes, etc.
- The Tote’s step-and-repeat alpaca design is custom by the in-house Pokoloko design team.
- Provides plastic-free storage, produce, and shopping alternatives. No single-use plastic bags needed at the grocery store.
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton. These bags are made with one of the world's highest organic standards for cotton.
- Durable, reusable, washable, compact, easy-care.
- High-quality craftsmanship, these bags will last!
- Earth-friendly, chemical-free, and fairly-traded.
- Versatile, doubles as a useful and cute beach bag.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indian artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton
- 15" W x 18"L , 11" handle drop (38cm W x 46cm L, 28cm handle drop).
- Coldwater wash & hang to dry. Hand washing is always recommended for the best quality of care, though it is possible to machine wash the Tote Bags also. Do not machine dry as that will cause shrinkage.
Q: What is this Tote Bag useful for?
Tote bags are the ultimate great-for-everything, million-use item! Pokoloko Tote Bags are certified organic reusable shopping bags. They replace wasteful plastic produce bags with Earth-conscious 100% organic cotton bags. Great for farmer’s markets and grocery stores, as well as countless other uses including travel, storage, gym, yoga, beach, etc. The options are yours and they're endless!
Q: How do I clean this Tote Bag?
Organic Tote Bags are easy to clean. Wash in cold water and simply hang to dry.
Q: Can I use this Tote Bag for more than just groceries?
This Tote is more than just a grocery bag, it is truly versatile and multifunctional. At the beach, use it to hold sunglasses, swimsuits (wet or dry), and snacks. The Tote Bags will resist sand and help to prevent you from taking the beach home. When travelling, the Tote Bags are perfect partners for keeping your suitcase tidy and organized. Use as a lunch bag, yoga or gym bag, and shoe bag. You could even hang these bags on a hook in your kitchen or home for easy-use storage that has a beautiful, natural look.
Q: What does "GOTS-certified organic cotton" mean?
Being GOTS certified means the cotton in Pokoloko's Tote Bags meets the toughest organic textile standard. To meet the GOTS standard, your material needs to have a minimum of 95% organic fibre. In addition, the material must not have been treated with bleach, formaldehyde or any other toxic substances, and if coloured, must have been coloured using non-toxic dyes. Another GOTS requirement is that the material is produced in an environment that enforces strict social and environmental standards that treat employees and the planet with deep respect.