”I just bought this scarf for a friend's birthday and it is so, so incredibly soft!. The colours are gorgeous and the quality is excellent. I will be buying one for myself now too!” - Jennifer
These scarves are an alpaca blend for an ultra-soft hand feel. Made with seamless edges, an eyelash fringe, and rich, solid colour stories, these are unique, fairly traded, artisan-made treasures.
Features + Benefits
- Classy and cozy, for dressing up and/or down.
- Non-itchy, breathable, lightweight, hypoallergenic.
- Hand-loomed, machine-woven, and then machine-brushed for added softness.
- Fairly-traded and ethically-sourced.
- Made with alpaca, a natural, technical fibre.
- To learn more about alpaca, click here.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made in Ecuador by highly-skilled, independent Indigenous artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials, Size + Care
- 20% alpaca & 80% acrylic
- 12” W x 76” L (31cm W x 193cm L)
- The size of these scarves is cut to be able to wrap around the shoulders comfortably, and thin enough to wrap around the neck without too much bulkiness.
- Hand wash with mild soap, or machine wash on a cold, delicate cycle.
- Do not ring, scrunch, stretch, or twist.
- Hang to dry or dry clean, do not dry in a dryer machine.
- Groom with a light brush in direction of fibre.
- Can iron in the same direction on a low setting.
- To learn more about caring for alpaca products, click here.
Q: Does it hurt the alpaca to get its fleece?
Alpacas are not harmed while their fleece is harvested for Poko products. In fact, alpaca wool is one of the most ethical fibers available. Our partner farmers take great care in gently shearing the wool and releasing the animal back to roam freely. Alpaca fiber does not contain lanolin, which means alpaca does not require strong chemicals to clean it.
Q: What is sustainable fashion?
To learn more about sustainable fashion, click here.