”In a shared fish, there are no bones.” -Democritus
This throw is a herringbone-style, made with a lambswool and cotton blend, and finished with a traditional Turkish tassel fringe, with each tassel twisted by hand. This throw has an ultra-soft and luxe hand feel, and a medium weight.
Features + Benefits
- Hand-made twisted tassel fringe. Each tassel spun one by one.
- This textile is non-itchy. Lambswool is a non-itchy wool.
- Turkish cotton has extra long fibers, making it longer lasting and more durable than regular cotton. Turkish cotton is also naturally antibacterial. No more musty smell. Will dry 30% faster than regular cotton fabrics.
- Easy gift as it looks great with all decors. Gift to a friend, host, new parent, traveller, adventurer, homebody, for birthday, etc.
- While the science and art of Turkish textiles dates back to the 17th century, their quick-dry, high absorbency, and unparalleled weave makes them a modern day essential worldwide.
- This throw is a customer and designer favourite!
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded and ethically-sourced from traditional, highly-skilled, and independent Turkish artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials + Care
- 30% lambswool, 40% cotton, 15% viscose and 15% polyamide.
- Hand wash cold and lay flat to dry, or dry clean.
Size + Fit
- 51" W x 67" L (130 cm W x 170 cm L).
Q: What is lambswool like?
Lambswool is a very soft wool that is non-itchy and very high quality.
Q: Why is Turkish cotton special?
Turkish cotton is special because it has extra-long fibers, which makes it very soft, long-lasting, and durable. It is some of the best cotton the world has to offer. Turkish cotton is naturally antibacterial. No more musty smell. Will dry 30% faster than regular cotton textiles.
Q: What is fair trade?
Fair trade means changing the way we think about our supply chains. We think about how the materials are sourced, we think about the welfare of the artisans, we think of the environmental impact, we think of the longevity of each product. We think about today and tomorrow. Fair trade means that the products are created in celebration and safety of the Earth and the artisans who create them. The raw material is sourced with minimal damage to the Earth, and the products are created and distributed in ways that diminish waste and negative environmental impact. For Poko, it also means that the artisans are working in safe conditions and paid a fair wage, as they create products that are made to last.