"Carrying yourself with poise and joy and peace within - that's sexy." - Leah LaBelle
Bring on the next errand or adventure with this stunning and functional piece of art. We love the versatility of this naturally textured bag that connects earth, maker and owner - an ideal addition for your capsule wardrobe.
Features + Benefits
- Hand made out of mendong grass by talented and independent Indonesian artisans.
- A high quality, structured bag, with a thick handle, and a well made weave.
- This is an open bag, there is no closure other than the sturdy handles.
- Featuring a removable tassel made of thick jute rope and black, wooden beads. The tassel can also be used as a home accent, a doorknob hanger, a wall hanging, and can be looped around other bags in your collection.
- A great bag for sun worshippers, seacombers, festival goers, adventurers, and city dwellers alike.
- An ideal new addition to your slow fashion closet or capsule wardrobe.
- Fairly traded, an authentic little luxury.
Artisan + Origin
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Indonesian artisans, with whom we work directly.
Materials, Size + Care
- Mendong grass bag, with tassel made of jute rope and wooden beads.
- 20"L x 6.5"W x 16"H
- To clean, wipe with damp, soft cloth and air dry.
Q: What is Fair Trade?
To learn about fair trade, click here.
Q: What is Mendong grass?
Mendong grass is a natural source of fiber. It is easy to grow and cultivate, and it offers several harvests from one plantation. The fiber has found many applications for small-scale industries and helps in economic welfare for small farmers.