Wherever you go, bring your own sunshine.
New to our best-selling rattan bag collection, this is a timeless accessory sure to elevate the most classic wardrobe. With its crossbody structure, this tote is perfect for the modern upscale person on-the-go. Hand-woven by independent Balinese artisans in a fair-trade environment, each bag is crafted using sustainably-harvested rattan, vegan leather, and an upcycled fabric lining. What you'll love most though is the inspired design - a relic of the easy, beachy lifestyle the island of Bali is so famous for.
Features + Benefits
- This is the perfect accessory to achieve that popular boho style that pairs well with a multitude of looks and trends.
- Lots of room to fit wallet, keys, phone, and more.
- These bags are made by independent artisans with natural rattan and recycled materials. Rattan is a woody, reed-like old world climbing palm with a flexible woody stem.
- Every Bali Bag comes with an inner lining made out of repurposed polyester that is always different in pattern and color, making each bag unique.
- Sturdy snap buckled closure.
- An ideal new addition to your slow fashion closet or capsule wardrobe.
- We love the look of the bali bag with our fairly traded apparel collections.
Artisan + Origin
- Made by a group of Indonesian weavers specializing in craft using natural, locally-sourced Balinese rattan and environmentally-conscious manufacturing practices.
- Learn more about their story and sustainable approach here.
Materials, Size + Care
- Caramel is 100% rattan, while the White is 50% rattan 50% recycled plastic. Both bags are made with a faux-leather buckle & strap, and a recycled polyester patterned fabric lining that is unique to each bag.
- 8.5" x 5" H w/ 22" strap length
- Wipe with damp, soft cloth, and air dry.
Q: What is rattan?
Rattan is a climbing plant related to palm tree leaves found in Southeast Asia. Branches and leaves are individually selected, treated, and prepared, then handwoven by skilled artisans into the desired shape. Rattan is light, durable, flexible, and sustainable.
DID YOU KNOW:
The economic value of rattan can help protect forest land where it grows by providing an alternative to logging. This means that instead of razing a forest, rattan can be harvested and the forest protected. Rattan is easier to harvest and transport as it does not require heavy machinery. Rattan is the perfect plant to be used as a tool for forest maintenance, as it is a crop that depends on trees!
Q: What is the difference between wicker and rattan?
Rattan is a material used to make the furniture. Wicker is the technique that involves weaving natural materials into intricate patterns.
Q: What can I style with a rattan Bali bag?
Wear with Poko's Crinkle Loose Pants, a wide-brim hat, and sandals. Wear with the hoodie dress and sneakers. Wear with the Long Dress, summer flats, delicate jewelry. Pairs well with shorts and a t-shirt for casual occasions, or your best dress for a night out.
Q: How are rattan bags made?
Learn more about the process on our blog, here.